We're major fan's of planing ahead here at HQ so when we came across these yummy little popcorn bars we instantly knew they would be perfect for Halloween or Guy Fawkes night. Want to try them for your own party? Check out how we made them....
Chocolate Chip- Popcorn Bar
Serves 36 | To prepare 20 mins | To cook
- 16oz of chocolate chip cookies
- 8-9oz of granola bar
- 50g butter, melted
- 3½ cups of miniature marshmallows
- 3.5 oz of buttered popcorn
- 2/3 cup of light corn starch
- ¼ cup of butter or margarine
- 10 oz of peanut butter chip
- cup of milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°| 180°C
- In a large bowl, break up the cookie and stir in crushed Granola bars.
- Add melted butter and add more if needed.
- Pressed evenly in a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden
- Allow to cool
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and bake for another 2 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove and discard unpopped kernals from popcorn.
- In a saucepan heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over a medium heat.
- Stir frequently until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add the popcorn to the mixture which will be thick.
- Spoon over the marshmallows, spread over evenly.
- Cool for 30 minutes
- In a small microwavable bowl add your chocolate chips and microwave in 10 second sessions stirring inbetween each until completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over bars with a spoon, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 6 rows by six rows
- Serve with a tall glass of milk (optional)
Tip* We originally found this recipe over on the Pillsbury website and changed certain aspects of the recipe to our own liking. If you would like to follow the exact recipe you can do so here.
We're busy working on Halloween recipes here at HQ this Sunday.
What have you guys got planned?