Image Via NY Times
With one of our team members unwell we thought it would be nice to send them a LJC basket full of their favourite treats and what's better and more comforting than a lovely fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies? Sometimes it's the most basic and traditional recipes that work the best.
Let's get started.....
Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves 30 | To prepare 15 mins| To cook 10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Tip- You can keep the uncooked dough in a sealed container in the fridge for up to two weeks. Simply take some out, dollop on a lined baking tray and allow to come up to room temperature for 5 mins before baking.
Happy Friday everyone!
We hope you've all got something nice planned for the weekend!