IMAGE | BBC GOOD FOOD
With Easter over and spring officially here, we thought it would be the perfect time to share one of our favourite (and most impressive) dessert recipes that's not only perfect for a garden party with friends but also great for cosy Sunday roasts with the family.
It may seem slightly intimidating but it's really rather simple, promise...
Almond + Lemon Meringue Roulade
Serves 6-8 | To prepare 15mins | To cook 35mins
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line a Swiss roll tin (about 23 x 30cm) with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Slowly add the sugar, still whisking, until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in the almond extract, vinegar and ground almonds until lightly incorporated. Pour into the Swiss roll tin and smooth over, tapping the tin to remove any big air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until the top is golden and feels firm and set. Remove from oven, cover with baking parchment and a damp tea towel. Leave to cool.
- To serve, whip the cream until thick. Spoon a third into a piping bag and set aside. Invert the roulade onto a large sheet of baking parchment sprinkled with icing sugar. Carefully peel off lining paper and spread over the lemon curd, then spread over the rest of the cream.
- Roll up carefully, using the paper to help you. Pipe the remaining cream on top of the roulade, and decorate with flaked almonds and strawberry halves.
Have a great Friday everyone!