It's one of our favourite times of year here at HQ, yes we can at times get too busy to even comprehend but that still doesn't take the sparkle away from this festive infused month. That's why for every Friday in the month of December we're sharing some of our favourite Christmas recipes for you try, share and enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large beat shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the cocoa powder and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour. Shape dough into twenty 1 3/4-inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased .
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are just firm. Cool on for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place cooled cookies on prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave candy coating on 50% power for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon melted coating over each cookie to cover cookie and resemble melted snow.
- While coating is still tacky, add a peanut butter cup for a top hat and decorate with sprinkles or other candies to resemble snowman faces (If using frosting to make snowman faces, add it when the candy coating is dry.) Let stand until set.
Happy Friday everyone!