IMAGE SOURCE | THE HOUSEWIFE TRAINING FILES
This long bank holiday weekend has been a busy one at the studio for the LJC team but we have to admit the early morning starts were eased slightly with the aid of our pre-made gluten free granola. If like us you have a busy week ahead and could use some help kick starting your morning you too can make a tasty batch of granola with our easy to follow recipe below.
Oh and as a prior warning it's really rather addicted...
GLUTEN FREE GRANOLA
PREP TIME | 10 MINS | COOK TIME | 50 MINS | TOTAL TIME | 1 HR
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Whole Hazelnuts (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160˚ Celsius.
- In a large sized bowl, add the oats, coconut, soft brown sugar, ground almonds, crushed hazelnuts, cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Next add the vanilla extract and maple syrup, toss well to ensure all mixture is coated.
- Pour granola mix onto a medium size baking tray and spread evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 50 mins, turning over every fifteen minutes to ensure an all over even golden colour has been achieved.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy.
Recipe inspired by Alton Brown