Chocolate and raspberries you say? What a delightful combination. If like us you bake brownies far too much to even contemplate counting, then like us you will be looking for something to add a little twist to these chocolatey treats. As chocolate week is nearing it's end take a look at how you can make these adapted fruit brownies....
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
Serves 15 squares | To prepare 10 mins | To cook 40 mins
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 100g milk chocolate, broken into chunks
- 250g pack salted butter
- 400g soft light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 200g raspberries
- Heat oven to 180C| 160Fan|gas 4
- Line a 20 x 30cm baking tray tin with baking parchment.
- Put the chocolate, butter, sugar in a pan and gently melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir the eggs, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Sieve over the flour and cocoa, and stir in.
- Stir in half the raspberries, scrape into the tray then scatter over the remaining raspberries.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 30 minutes or, if you prefer a firmer texture, for 5 minutes more.
- Cool before slicing into squares.
Tip* Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The whole LJC team are heading to London next week to attend meetings and hopefully finalise some fabulous Christmas treats that will be available to purchase on our very own Etsy store very soon. Yes we did mention Christmas.....