There is something so perfect about a nice piece of cake with a cup of tea on a Saturday afternoon, wouldn't you agree? Sometimes it's the simple things in life, so we decided to show you possibly one of the easiest cakes to make.....ever. Here's how....
Vanilla Pound Cake
Serves 8 | To prepare 15 mins | To cook 1 hour
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for the pan.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (spooned and levelled, plus more for pan.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F|180C
- Butter and flour a 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt.
- With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined (don't over beat)
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. About 1 hour.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack and turn upright to cool completely.
How easy was that!?
We hope you've had a great start to your weekend!
This morning we were so pleased to have our packaging finalised and all set for our relaunch in the next few weeks. You can check it out over on our Facebook page.