Whenever we approach the winter season our thoughts always turn to the cinnamon spice, it's delicious with pretty much anything and adds such a warm, exotic taste to any dish.
As it's the season for beautifully sweet apples we thought it would be a great to incorporate the two of these ingredients to make the perfect bundt cake.
Never made one before? Don't worry they're really simple to make, let's get started....
Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Serves 10 | To prepare 20 mins | To cook 50-60 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Using a rubber spatula, fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into a 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan, and smooth top. Bake until a tester inserted in cake comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes; invert onto rack to cool completely.
- Make the Glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar and enough water to form a thick yet pourable glaze.
- Set rack with cake over a piece of wax paper (for easy cleanup); drizzle cake with glaze, and let set before serving.
Have a fun Saturday everyone!