With the weekend already being quickly forgotten, we decided to opt for a especially sweet recipe share this Monday. The Banoffee pie is a definite dessert favourite amongst the LJC team and with so many supermarket versions qute honestly not meeting out tastebud standards. We've decided to share one of our favourite pie recipes from the BBC Goodfood site.....
Serves 10 | Ready In 40 mins plus cooling
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor then add the melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Press the mixture into a 24cm tart tin, with a removable base, in an even layer.
- Transfer the tin to a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes, until lightly toasted and set.
- Leave to cool then gently release from the tin and put on a serving plate.
- Spread the caramel over the biscuit base and chill for 1 hour.
- Arrange the banana slices over the toffee.
- Whip the cream and sugar together to form soft peaks and spread over the bananas.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl set over, not in, a pan of simmering water.
- Allow to cool slightly, before drizzling over the cream.
All you need now is a big scoop of ice-cream to complete this delicious dessert.....
It's rather miserable weather wise today at HQ. We must admit we're rather looking forward to seeing some snow this December!!