We decided to mix it up a little this morning at HQ so we opted for some blueberry muffins for breakfast. As the recipe turned out so deliciously well, we decided to share it with you...
Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
Serves 12-15 | To prepare 10 mins | To cook 30 mins or until golden
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 2 eggs
- 200g (7oz) sugar
- 250g (9oz) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100ml (4fl.oz) milk
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 300g (10oz) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C | 350F | Gas Mark 4
- Place the paper cases in the muffin tray.
- Add the butter, eggs and sugar to a large bowl.
- Beat them until well mixed.
- Mix the four with the baking powder and sift into the first mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Blend in the vanilla essence and add the blueberries.
- Mix everything together until just moistened.
- Use a teaspoon to divide the mixture equally into the muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave the muffins in the tray until they are cool, and then turn out.
p.s Why not treat someone to a a special breakfast and place a batch of these little treats in a basket...
Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!