This week your mind may be turning to your Christmas menu and what to create for dessert. We think you would agree no festive table would be complete without a traditional trifle. However if you hold off until boxing day you may just be able to make our trifle with a twist, a perfect way to use up some left over Christmas pudding....
Christmas Pudding Trifle
Serves 6 | To prepare 15 mins | To cook No Cook
- Peel the oranges using a sharp knife, ensuring all the pith is removed.
- Slice as thinly as possible and arrange over a dinner plate.
- Sprinkle with the demerara sugar followed by the Grand Marnier and set aside.
- Crumble the Christmas pudding into large pieces and scatter over the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Lift the oranges onto the pudding in a layer and pour over any juices.
- Beat the mascarpone until smooth, then stir in the custard. Spoon the mixture over the top of the oranges.
- Lightly whip the cream and spoon over the custard.
- Sprinkle with the flaked almonds and grated chocolate.
- You can make this a day in advance if you like, chill until ready to serve.
We have been rushed off our feet this week with Christmas orders, all being eased with the constant play of festive music....
Is it the 25th yet? Ha!