After a long hard week, of working and eating healthily there is nothing, just nothing better than a freshly home baked chocolate chip muffin with a tall glass of milk...this we can testify. So why not treat yourself to a little bit of luxury this weekend and whip up some of these delicious muffins....
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serves 9-12 | To prepare 10 mins | To cook 12 mins
- 50g (2oz) butter, softened
- 75g (3oz) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g (4oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 90ml (3 fl oz) milk
- 75g (3oz) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oevn to 180C | 350F | Gas Mark 4
- Use a paper towel to grease the baking tray with a little soft butter.
- Put the butter, sugar, egg and flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir them together until well mixed.
- Sift teh baking powder and cocoa powder into the bowl.
- Add the milk and chocolate chips.
- Mix together.
- Use a teaspoon to divide the mixture equally into the muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins for around 12mins (insert cocktail stick and it should come out clean if fully cooked.)
- Leave the muffins in the tray until cool.
- Once cool turn out.
*Tip- Chocolate baked treats are great for creating gluten free versions. So this recipe would be perfect for individuals with intolerances too. Just edit out the flour and exchange for a gluten free version. Simple as that!
Hope you all have a fun Saturday planned!