Image Source | Gimme Some Oven
It can be hard to keep warm as the bitter winter settles in and sometimes a hot cup of coffee or tea just doesn't do the trick. When this situation arises we always reach for a cup of deliciously creamy hot chocolate, but what if you're not a milk chocolate fan? Well we have a recipe that is equally tasty and sweet but contains only white chocolate...yes sounds dreamy doesn't it?
Let's get started....
White Hot Chocolate
Serves 8 Cups | To prepare 5 mins| To cook 4 mins
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, for garnish
- 12 ounces good-quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave milk chocolate into curls; set aside.
- Place white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl; set aside.
- Place milk and cream in a medium saucepan set over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around edges of pan, about 4 minutes.
- Immediately pour mixture over white chocolate.
- When chocolate begins to melt, stir to combine.
- Whisk in vanilla. Continue whisking until a light foam forms.
- Serve immediately garnished with peppermint sticks, whipped cream, and chocolate curls.
Keep cosy everyone!