- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Lightly grease mini donut pan with cooking spray ( Pam, Baker’s Joy) or use a non stick donut pan.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and espresso powder. Place into a medium size bowl and whisk in sugar.
- Set aside.Whisk together melted butter, egg, milk and vanilla paste.Add wet ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients.
- Mix well until combined and there are no dry streaks of flour left.
- Fill prepared piping bag with batter. Pipe batter into prepared donut pans, filling mould a little over half full.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 2 minutes before unmoulding. Let donuts cool on rack before frosting or decorating.
- Melt together chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup, honey, and milk in the microwave at 15 second intervals.
- Once melted, add vanilla paste and stir until combined.
- Let sit for a couple minutes to thicken.2.
- Dip tops of donuts into the chocolate glaze.
- Sprinkle with your choice of topping (chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts)
- Let cool at room temperature for glaze to set.
- If glaze gets too stiff or thick, microwave at 15 second intervals until fluid. You can also flavour the glaze with extracts and oils.
We'd be lying if we said we didn't have a slight donut addiction here at LJC HQ! So when we spotted these lovely little treats over on Pinterest earlier this week we instantly knew they would be perfect to share on the blog for our Halloween Friday feature. Shared from The Little Epicurean blog, we've chosen the chocolate baked donuts to share, however there are plenty more ideas on this blog that will help inspire your Halloween creations.
Planning on baking something rather spectacular this weekend or simply trying out a new recipe? We'd love to hear from! Get in touch and send us a tweet!
Happy Friday everyone!